Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Call Me Ahab

Because no one embodies conflict better than the main crazy man himself, Captain Ahab from Moby Dick. If anyone recalls, I uploaded some sketches of conflict scenarios a while ago. Well, we had to do some story beats based on one of those images, so I chose the picture of the boat in a storm. My beats quickly turned into Ahab vs. the White Whale, and I had fun working on their epic battle. I even tried to add tone to the boards, though whether I succeeded or not is a matter of opinion. :D

At any rate, I thought I would upload my favorite panels. The first one is, by all definitions, not really a good story beat. At all. But it was really fun to draw, so I have no regrets. (Ahab's design is based on the actor from the movie, in case anyone was curious) The second one is the final showdown between ol' Ahab and the whale.

One of these days I'll get around to uploading full sets of beats and stuff, but for now I'm content to let you all wonder who wins.

Spoiler: It's not the ship.

No comments :

Post a Comment